Making a Donation to Calvary
Thank you for considering how you can contribute to the ongoing ministry of Calvary Church, here in Orange County and around the world.
Contributions can be made to Calvary Church of Santa Ana by:
- Give of your time by signing up to serve at Calvary
- Donating Securely Online (by Electronic Check or Credit Card)
- Mobile App: Search “SecureGive” in App/Google Play Store and follow prompts.
- Text: 714-203-2312 with amount and keyword: General, Missions or ENF. Consider saving the number in your contacts for future use.
- Giving in person at one of the weekly worship services
- Mailing a Check to Calvary at 1010 N Tustin Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92705
- Drop off your donation to the Church Office during the week (upstairs in the Worship Center)
There are also some creative ways you can give other than by cash, check or online:
- Financial instruments (i.e. stocks, bonds)
- Real property (i.e. land, homes)
- Personal property (i.e. vehicles)
- Services performed by a specialist (i.e. electrician, teacher)
- Other non-financial assets (i.e. carpet, furniture)
- Promises to give in the future (i.e. outlined in trusts, wills)
Donations can be designated for various funds:
- General Church Ministry – Supports the ongoing ministries of Calvary Church unless otherwise specified by another fund below.
- Reach Local + Global Missions – Supports missionaries and partnership projects here and around the world.
- Generation Project/Building Fund – Supports the creation of new ministry spaces.
- Emergency Needs Fund – Assists those in our church and community who are having current financial difficulty.
- Camp Scholarships – Supports our children and students who cannot afford to go to camp.
- Adoption Fund – Supports families in our church who choose to adopt or care for orphans.
- Short Term Mission Trips – Supports people going on short term missions trips.
More on Creative Ways to Give
Gifts of property (such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds) that have increased in value since you have owned them can result in extra tax savings, which allows your money to go further for ministry.
If you have held such assets for longer than a year, you can give them to Calvary and deduct the entire market value from your taxable income. In addition to regular tax savings, capital gains tax is not due on assets given to charity. This additional tax savings is the greatest on assets that have increased the most in value and would result in the greatest capital gains, if sold.
Calvary will help you facilitate a stock transfer anytime into our brokerage account. If the stock has depreciated in value from its base purchase value, the best step is to sell it, deduct the loss on your taxes, and make a tax-deductible, charitable donation of the proceeds.
Qualified IRA Charitable Rollover Gifts
A donor age 70 1/2 or older may rollover up to $100,000 from a traditional IRA to a qualified public charity (Congress has extended this program in the past but has not this year so far). The gift will not be included in the donor’s taxable income and qualifies for the donor’s required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year. Check with your tax advisor regarding your specific situation.
Calvary has benefited greatly from people who choose to leave a financial gift to Calvary’s ministries in their estate plan. Calvary has also partnered with the Orchard Foundation to offer charitable gift annuities allowing you to leave an asset to the church in the future and still receive current cash flow. Learn more here
Please contact Pastor Michael Welles at or 714-550-2313 for additional information on any of these giving areas. Your accountant/tax advisor can also provide you with information specific to your needs.